Filmic Pro Android is not only the best selfie camera app but also popular for video capturing. The app is used in the iPhone widely but it’s usable with Android phones as well. It has many advantages for shooting pro video while now but continues to get better with every new release. So, this selfie camera app could be turned your Smartphone camera into a full-featured video camera. Among the great features, it comes with multiple frame rates, zoom controls, exposure, manual control over focus, white balance and shutter speed control. Moreover, it has manual audio gain control and it has audio monitoring for getting good quality sound as well. The aspect ratio of Filmic Pro guides you with different resolution settings. So, it lets you set the frame size to 16:9, 4:3, and 1:1.
Besides, the higher frame rates you choices for slow motion and you can also do time-lapse which are going up to 240 frames a second. You can add this information to Filmic Pro so each shot will have a place and time when you need to add Meta Data to your recordings. As a result, you don’t have to keep opening menus and change settings every time you make a new video because you can save all the settings as presets. Also, it is extreme high-quality from a Smartphone as it can record up to the 4K video at 100mbs. But, you must ensure that your Smartphone must support this feature to be able to use it. This means that the best image for color grading for the flat picture profile. And, Filmic Pro supports third-party hardware as well.
Features of Best Selfie Camera App of the Filmic Pro Android
You will find it difficult to view it when you add the Moon dog Labs Anamorphic lens to your Smartphone the image will stretch. You can view the image correctly because Filmic Pro will adapt to this lens. Filmic Pro for older iPhone models as there is also a classic version. So, there are choices for you to use Filmic Pro if you do have an older iPhone. But, because of the technology limits in the older models ensure that you will only have access to limited functions. As Android users could only consider with envy at the features that it gives to the iPhone. But, the Filmic Pro team has now released a version of Filmic Pro for Android after months of development. The download link of Filmic Pro is here.
Well, now, let’s see what the features are coming with Filmic Pro Android version with a short description:
For adjusting focus and exposure it has the Dual arc slider controls.
• The Live analytics suite such as Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking.
• Predefined and custom presets for the white balance adjustment matrix.
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• For project files naming it has Content Management System (CMS).
• To store preset data in the cloud and share between devices FiLMiC Sync integration.
• To supported share targets it has the Batch uploads.
• For Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOG it has the Gamma curve controls.
• Clip favoriting.
• highlight adjustments and Live shadow.
• Vibrancy adjustments, Live RGB, and saturation.
Foundation Features of the Filmic Pro Android
- A shooting style for any skill level, such as Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes.
• Landscape and Portrait (vertical) shooting orientations.
• Frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps that are high speed (but, hardware dependent).
• Variable speed zooms.
• Time-lapse recording which is configurable.
• Fast and Slow motion FX options.
• Waveform monitor comes with the Tri-mode histogram.
• After capture, you can adjust video settings such as Exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, and color temperature.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Customizable saved personal presets.
• Image Stabilization.
• Thirds guide for dynamic composition.
Mobile Minute Gear Spotlight from the Filmic Pro Android
Because everyone loves gear, Filmic Pro Android launches their new weekly gear series. That’s the Mobile Minute Gear Spotlight and this made it a great selfie camera app finally. It will showcase the best gear for mobile video and photography. This diverse collection of mobile gear and accessories out there in one short and engaging minute with the spotlight series sets out to highlight. It can help you up your mobile video productions with a brief overview that includes size and price along with the stabilizers, microphones, sliders, cases, lenses and other accessories. This is not either a series of in-depth reviews or the comprehensive demonstrations. So, it’s aimed to create a quick, visually interesting snapshot of a product you may have been unaware of.
Lens Selection of the Filmic Pro Android
Filmic Pro Android is excited to announce the release of their latest update: Filmic Pro v5.4. But, as an iPhone 7 user, you can these new lenses. The lenses are the Tap on the Action Slider and the Tap on the Camera icon. It will allow you to see Wide, Tele, Zoom and Selfie. The wide lens offers the widest field of view and is great for establishing shots. Also, the Tele is a fixed 2x lens and it’s great for close-ups. On the Wide and Tele lenses, it provides full manual controls and digital zoom capabilities are available. Through the optical 2x and beyond using digital zoom for 2-7x the lens offers powerful zoom performance up. But, this zoom lens doesn’t support manual controls for exposure, focus, and white balance.
What’s more with Filmic Pro Android on the New Version?
Filmic Pro Android latest version is not only the best selfie camera app but one of the better filmmaking apps. This is the best option for mobile that’s now finally made it to Android. People have been asking for quite some time for a Google App version of Filmic Pro. And we have got it finally. It was previously only available on iOS because you’ve been following the news around the app. Also, it was actually one of the main tools used by the crew on the film Tangerine. As a result, Filmic Pro Android allows all sorts of manual controls for shooting on phones, such as follows:
- Color Temperature
- Shutter Speed
- Pulling Focus
Besides, as the number of different aspect ratios, and also resolutions, you can also select higher bitrates recording. And, that’s depending on what your particular device is able to. Moreover, in the app, you have more control over the audio recording.
More on the Filmic Pro Android Release
The Filmic Pro Android release is the culmination of many months of hard work by their development team and the beta testers. Although Android is dynamic, it’s challenging platform to develop the product. Their initial offer is for devices running Lollipop and higher operating systems, which are full, support the Camera2 API of Android. The Camera2 is a more full-featured OS support for a device’s camera controls that allows you to offer the broadest array of functional support befitting the Filmic Pro label.
Now, let’s see the devices that support Camera2, and should run Filmic Pro correctly:
- Google: Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nexus 9 LTE, Nexus 9, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X
- LGE: V10, LG G Vista 2, LG G Flex2, LG G4
- Sharp: AQUOS SERIE SHV32, AQUOS Compact SH-02H, AQUOS Xx
- Samsung: Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge+, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6 Edge
- TCT Mobile Limited (Alcatel): POP2 (4), 9020A
- Intel: SurfTab xintron i 7.0, Cloudpad One 7.0
- Symphony Teleca: OnePlus2, hudl 2
- ZETA SH-03G, AQUOS Xx2 mini
- Nvidia: SHIELD Tablet
- Acer: GT-810
So, these were all about the best selfie camera app of the Filmic Pro Android. If you want to know anything more, comment us with the following comment section. Also, let us know your experience with Filmic Pro Android in the practical hand.